Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:54:44 +0200
From:      Sven Esbjerg <esbjerg@xbsd.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS

Hi

I have a FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE-p4 machine at work. I use NFS to mount shares
from other servers. This works ok but not great. I had unfortunately mounted
a share from a server which was taken out of production. Thus I had a mount
hanging. df -k resulted in a hanging process - mount showed the NFS-mount.
Since I had experienced the same at my home machine and where I tried to
umount -f /nfshare which resulted in a kernel panic - I decided to try and
reboot the machine. It got to
syncing filesystem
done
where it hung...
I had to pull the power.

Can I do anything to prevent this? - using other commands?

Also when I mount shares from Solaris maachines I get a lot of 'nfs send
error 32' in my log. A have found old postings speaking of the problem but
not a single one that mentions a fix.

Thanx for your time
Sven

--