Date:      03 Nov 2001 06:16:44 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Joe Abley <jabley@automagic.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: POSIX character class support for 1Tawk

Joe Abley <jabley@automagic.org> writes:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 03:21:50AM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> > See attached patch (which I've also submitted to bwk).
> Shouldn't the character classes used depend on the locale?

Yes, but 1Tawk doesn't support locales at all, and in any case there
is no (simple and portable) way to obtain an enumeration of the
characters comprised in a particular character class (finding and
reading the locale definition file is neither simple nor portable).

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org