Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 1996 13:06:41 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee (Narvi)
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LyX

> On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
>
> > Has anyone got it working under FreeBSD?
> > I gave it a try but get lots of g++ errors
> > right at the beginning of compilation.
> >
> > --Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de
> >

> I havent (actually even not that far) - it continues to say (in .configure)
> that it can't find libforms... still, they are installed and at least
> fdesign works ok.

I just got it compiled and running.

There are some rough edges:

1) xforms is required but xforms installs a library
   /usr/lib/libforms.a and /usr/lib/libforms.so.0.7

2) I copied forms.h from the xforms/FORMS/ directory into
   the lyx build directory and added a -I./ to the CPPFLAGS in
   the Makefile

3) I moved /usr/lib/libforms.so.3.0  libforms.so.3.0.old
   and libforms.a to libforms.a.old and then installed
   XFORM.

   The latter has to be solved for FreeBSD since we have the
   (alphanumerical) libforms and the libxforms.

   I wonder why they didn't call it libxforms.