Date:      Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:49:41 +0100
From:      Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recent massive port update.

--KDt/GgjP6HVcx58l

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 10:42:09PM -0500, jhell wrote:
>=20
> I could have swore that I recently heard an announcement that barred this=
=20
> type of activity until after 7.3-RELEASE was made....
>=20
> Guess that doesn't stand for everything.
>=20
As other people have already pointed out, the freeze itself won't start
until Monday although we'd still prefer not to do such major changes so
close to the start of the freeze.  However, as my announcement also
indicates, we allow such commits after prior agreement with portmgr and
proper testing, which in the jpeg case was a full build on the cluster.

Hope this clears thing up a bit.

Best,
-erwin

--=20