Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:16:04 -0800
From:      joe <joe@dubium.com>
To:        John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>, Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OT:  [was: recording audio with SoundBlaster Live...]

On January 2, 2003 09:40 am, John Bleichert wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Nathan Kinkade wrote:
> <snip>
,snip>

> I use Audacity for all of my mixing. I do a lot of the individual

me too.  except my requirement is to record audio tapes to mp3.

> In FreeBSD Audacity is the best IMHO. Another great one (much more

The one missing piece of my knowledge and understanding is to actually
do the recording.

I've hooked up the tape card to the line-in of the sound  but I can't
get the sound to be recorded.  I am getting sound as I can listen to
the tapes on the computer.

What device do I specify for the recording in from the line-in of the
sound card using audacity?

When I use the default /dev/dsp nothing is captured.

Joe Sotham
If the only prayer you say in your entire life is "Thank You",
that will suffice.
        - Meister Eckhart