Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 06:51:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        handy@sag.space.lockheed.com (Brian N. Handy)
Cc:        sef@kithrup.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mail spam, sigh...

Brian N. Handy wrote:

> >Along this vein... I'd like to suggest adding the RBL support to the default
> >sendmail file (freebsd.mc).  This way, all FreeBSD systems would, by
> >default, drop SMTP connections from the sites on the blacklist.
> >
> >I'd also like to add the anti-relay code to the file, but that's a bit
> >trickier, I'm afraid (too easy to get wrong and screw things up).
>
> I'd also like an easy-drop-in-way to drop email from sites that don't show
> up in the nameserver.  (Maybe this is easy, I haven't done my research.)

	get 2.2.5-RELEASE or -current.

	cd /etc/mail
	make

	populate /etc/mail/denyip.local and /etc/mail/spamsites.local
	according to taste. use /etc/mail/ips.txt and
	/etc/mail/domains.txt as examples.

	add /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.additions to your .mc or .cf file
	kill -HUP `head -1 /var/run/sendmail.pid`
	cd /etc/mail; make install

	its all in the /etc/mail/README
jmb