Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2014 22:38:35 -0000
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "Matthew Seaman" <matthew@freebsd.org>, "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD-Ports-Announce] Time to bid farewell to the old pkg_ tools

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
> Immediately personal criticism is a poor way to start convincing.
>
> ports/ is not just for package addicts.  I never install packages,
> but only build & install from ports/.  sqlite junk obstructs
> /var/db/pkg being accessed by find & grep to debug breaking ports builds.

We also maintain all our machines from in house built ports but I
must say in the 10 years I've never used find / grep on /var/db/pkg
to debug breaking port builds.

Everyone works differently, so we may be unique here, but surely if
the tools still exist to determine the issue e.g. sqlite queries,
along side the clear advantages the new storage brings, I'm not
sure what the issue is?

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.