Date:      22 Jan 2003 23:55:36 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Glenn Johnson <glennpj@charter.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: problem with pkgconfig

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 23:50, Glenn Johnson wrote:
> I am getting errors when trying to build gnumeric2.  I am testing out
> Gnome-2.1 from marcuscom so that may be a factor.  As far as I can tell,
> all of the various components are installed.

You're running into to the one crappy conflict I've seen with GNOME
2.1.  Apparently, there is some disagreement over which version of
libgnomeprint apps Gnumeric are going to use.  Right now, Gnumeric wants
the old libgnomeprint-2.0 stuff.  Fortunately, you can install both.
You will need to install libgnomeprint and libgnomeprintui 1.116.x along
side the 2.2 versions.  There won't be any real conflicts.

Hopefully, this mess will be sorted out by the time 2.2 is released.

Joe