Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 99 18:43:56 -0800
From:      Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@rahul.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with ipfw/nat

Please check for the following scenario:

- Web server sends a big packet for Path-MTU discovery,
  with "don't fragment" bit set.
- Intermediate router sends back an ICMP message saying
  'fragmentation needed but don't fragment bit set"
- Firewall blocks ICMP.
- Web server is still waiting for the ICMP message, which will
  never reach.

Rahul