Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 1996 22:41:10 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: Call for national time locales

As Stefan Esser wrote:

> > I still think it is bogus.  If they say "3-letter", then
> > "Fr " isn't allowable, neither is " Fr".
>
> Well, I think that "Mon", "Die", "Mit", "Don", "Fre", "Sam", "Son"
> are as good as the two letter abbreviations, and while I do not have
> any calendar with the 3 letter abbreviation at hand (but one, that
> uses a single character throughout :), I think you will easily find
> the 3 character form if you only look for it.

To my defense (the original timedef was mine), i thought that two-
letter abbreviations are quite more common in German, that's why i've
been using them in the first place.  However, if Posix mandates them
to be three-letter, and given the uglyness of the comma problem, i'm
all for changing them into three-letter abbrevs as well.

--
cheers, J"org