Date:      Sun, 1 Apr 2001 10:25:15 -0600
From:      Timothy Klein <teece@silverklein.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: different language

I think that a good introduction to Unix, some of its naming convenvtions, the
philosophy behind the OS, etc. is "Think Unix" by John Lasser by QUE, ISBN
0-7897-2376-X.  This will give you a good footing, not just on details, but on
the 'whys' of thinks.  It will also tell you where to start to find information
about things on your own, which is essential.  There is a lot of stuff to learn,
so only so much can be offered by others ;-)

HTH

Tim