Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:57:59 +0200
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing 4.0 on a "wd" machine

I **have** installed the new kernel.gz on the boot floppy (it's indeed a GENERIC,
without the SCSI support, without the ata driver, but with the wdc, wd and mcd drivers)

I've make'd the new kernel, compressed it with gzip and installed it on the boot floppy
instead of the "normal" GENERIC.

I've just checked on another machine : this new boot floppy probes and detects correctly
the IDE disks, but /stand/sysinstall complains in the same way

     TfH

"Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU> on 22/06/2000 17:51:21

Please respond to "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>