Date:      Wed, 3 May 1995 15:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        daveh@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (David Holloway)
Cc:        daveh@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: slattach!!!!!!!

> suppose  slattach -r dialscript /dev/cua02
> where dialscript is a shell scirpt or a expect script...
> when the line disconnects, the script is started but it receives a HUP
> signal.

How can you get a HUP signal from the dial out device????  What version
of FreeBSD are you running and what does ls -lag /dev/cua02 show?

My system is 2.0-current:

gndrsh# ls -lag /dev/cuaa1
crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer   28, 129 May  1 21:18 /dev/cuaa1

The dial program I am using does nothing with SIGHUP, it does have
a SIGINT handler (so it can be killed while attempting to dial).