Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 1996 22:07:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Linux Matters (Feb. '96 Byte) (fwd)

I just read another four-page article on Linux in Byte.  This one was
especially disturbing as it gave NO mention to FreeBSD, NetBSD, BSDI,
Solaris, or ANY other non-Linux, non-MSDOS operating system, not even in a
sidebar.  At risk of sounding like one of the "Linux fanatics" that the
author mentions, I think it stinks to see such a single-minded article
when there are so many free OS's available.  So I wrote this letter to
the author and the Editors.  Sorry to waste bandwidth with this, but if
the Linux people managed to muscle their way into mainstream media with
fanatical E-Mail tactics, a more civilized approach along the same lines
may prove instructive.  At any rate, I hope you enjoy, and feel free to
write your own response...

     Jake Hamby                         |   E-Mail:  jehamby@lightside.com
  Student, Cal Poly University, Pomona  |   System Administrator, JPL