Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 2010 23:56:07 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X resolution

Hello.

I've configured my X to use a 1600x1200 resolution (or so I thought...).
It used to work until the last X.Org upgrade; after that it *usually*
worked: very rarely it would start at 2048x1536, but a couple of
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace was normally enough.

Since a couple of day, it always start at 2048x1536, and there is no way
to get 1600x1200 unless I login and change resolution afterwards (which
is however enought to mess all my KDE fonts up).

I've got this in my xorg.conf:

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "SyncMaster"
	Device     "Card0"
	Monitor    "SyncMaster"
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     32
                 Modes      "1600x1200"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Is it ok?
Any other hint?

Of course I can provide full xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log, but they are
quite long...

Card is a Radeon HD 4200.

  bye & Thanks
	av.