Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:42:59 -0700
From:      Ben Mesander <ben@timing.com>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
Cc:        Ben Mesander <ben@timing.com>, Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: _REENTRANT in math.h & libm oddities.

Daniel Eischen writes:
 > Compiling with -D_REENTRANT doesn't mean you have to be a
 > threaded program, nor automatically linked to the threads
 > library :-)

Well, fair enough. And you're right, solaris (which is where msun came
from a long time ago) still has the _REENTRANT. I should have looked at
some of the solaris machines I have accounts on.

Does the conditional that Mike Barcroft suggested:

#if defined(__BSD_VISIBLE) || (defined(__POSIX_VISIBLE) && defined(_REENTRANT))

Seem reasonable to you?

Regards,
Ben