Date:      Sun, 01 Apr 2007 10:07:01 +0000
From:      "Da Rock" <rock_on_the_web@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   intel 802.11 2200BG routing

Call me dumb, but I'm having some strange issues trying to get my laptop to
communicate properly with my network.
First the iwi if works on boot, but then drops out. I have a wpa_supplicant
working, but after a while it drops off and loses the connection on me. The
only way for me to get it going again is to kill off wpa_supplicant and run
it manually every time it drops.
Next I can't get the if to talk to the network and access the net if the rl0
(ethernet) if has been plugged in- it won't switch back to wifi once its
been cabled it has to be rebooted.
I have been tried using routed but it doesn't like the situation any better.
It still defaults to rl0.
I've used netstat to check the route tables, and I've used ifconfig to set
some metrics for the interfaces- making a rl0 a higher priority, but only if
connected. Now I can't even get the iwi to see the dns or gateway.
So I could use some guidance as to what I can do to rectifiy this problem. I
have 2 goals:
1. setup iwi to start on boot, and attach to my ap whenever its in range.
2. make sure iwi stays connected without manually monitoring it.
3. prioritise my routes via the rl0 and iwi if's so that cable is used over
wifi, but both can be used to access the network.
To satisfy number 2- is there a script/daemon/whatever to monitor and
restart services when required for instances like this? or do I need to make
one up for my circumstances here?

Cheers
Da Rock

Advertisement: Win tickets to see Muse at London’s Wembley Stadium. Go now!
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=761&referral=hotmailtagline&URL=http://music.ninemsn.com.au/muse