Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:30:10 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        xavian anderson macpherson <professional3d@home.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Vinum installation (was: APOLOGIES GIVEN TO ALL)

On Monday,  2 October 2000 at 14:14:14 -0700, xavian anderson macpherson wrote:
> I AM SORRY FOR MY REMARKS.

Please don't shout.  But I don't see any remarks.  If you want to
refer to something, please refer to it.

> what generated my seemingly hostile tone, was that i had just gotten
> a forwarded message from someone trying to talk someone else out of
> linux.  my attitude about everything in life is that you should put
> up or shut up.  i had just written a polite message about the
> comparison between linux distributions and their installers.  i am
> using linux-mandrake and suse-linux.  suse has by far the better
> installer.  as i wrote, i am wanting to install my system with
> vinum.

Ah, but this is the first I've seen of it.  You need to take a look at
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html.

> I WOULD HAVE INSTALLED THIS SATURDAY, IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE FACT
> THAT I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE INSTALLATION PROCESS
> TWICE.  SO IF SOMEONE HAS A TRULY DEFINATIVE ANSWER AS TO HOW TO
> SETUP VINUM IN ONE STEP, I WOULD BE PLEASED TO HEAR IT.

Well, since your subject line didn't mention Vinum, I missed it.  I'll
go through the rest of the plethora of messages on this subject, and
possibly get back to you.  I trust you have read the web pages at
http://www.vinumvm.org/.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.