Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 08:55:15 -0700
From:      Woody Carey <carey@roguewave.com>
To:        "'Geeta Mahesh'" <ugtech@bom3.vsnl.net.in>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: urgent ...

Hi geeta,

Please set you mailer to send plain text, esp. when posting to public
lists.

For which library, I don't know.  -lp perhaps?  Anyone else?

For namespaces, I think you will find that a later version of the gnu
compiler will
support this.  try egcs, now named g++ 2.?.? again?

> Hi,
> I have an application that uses semaphores for thread synchronization.
> I am using g++ 2.7.2.1 on FreeBSD 3.2.
> The application cannot resolve the semaphore functions sem_init,
sem_destroy ... which > > are POSIX complient.
> Can you tell me if which library I need to link my application with.
>
> Also, I am using namespaces in my application - which is not supported by
g++2.7.2.1
> What should I do to make my g++ support namespaces. Is there any
workaround for this?