Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 15:04:44 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        nate@rocky.sri.MT.net, freelist@elf.kendall.mdcc.edu, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LAT support

(a bit off topic, sorry 8)

Terry Lambert stands accused of saying:

> > >   Someone just dropped an old DECserver 200/MC on my lap that would be
> On the other hand, this is a relatively simple box to trace out, and you
> can use the 68k version of GAS to write download code for it if you have
> got DECNet up enough to answer MOP-MOM request (Maintenance Operations
> Protocol, "boot me").

Reverse-engineering it would probably be harder than disassembling the
bootstrap to outline the hardware, unless you don't mind pulling the
PALs out of the board and have the tools to reverse-engineer them.

Either way, you're stuck with a small 68000 box with a few cranky UARTs
and an ethernet.  Fun toy, but not terribly useful in itself.

> 					Terry Lambert

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[