Date:      Fri, 11 May 2007 12:56:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?G=F3t_Andr=E1s?= <andrej@antiszoc.hu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        noc@intellicom.hu
Subject:   freebsd and securelevel question

Hi,

So. The simple question is: Why FreeBSD has securelevel 0 if init sets it
to 1, if it sees at boot that the level is 0? :) It's OK that it's in the
manual, but there are two default ways to set securelevel at boot time
also. I don't really get the point of this forced 0 to 1 changing.

We'd like to use our machines with securelevel 0 by default, so I had
comment out the relevant two lines from init.c.

Regards,
Andras