Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 1995 20:02:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@condor.physics.montana.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Logitech Busmouse...hates...me...

'Lo,

My mouse still hates me, but I know much more since my last missive here.

I've indeed verified I have a Logitech Busmouse, and it's at IRQ 5 and
it's not having conflicts with anything else.  I can see my floppy drives
and the mouse on startup;  the probes are all happy.

The pointer section from my XF86Config file:

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol "Busmouse"
    Device "/dev/mse0"
EndSection

X starts up now, which is cool...but the mouse doesn't move.  When I move
the mouse, I can see the pointer on the screen, shaking, wanting to move,
but...not.  I've tried a whole host of variations here to get the thing
to work, but what invariably happens is the mouse shoots off to the edge
of the screen somewhere and jams.

I've waded through the e-mail and news archives...boy, there are a lot of
people who are also hated by their mice!  I've been doing this so long
I'm falling into a deep fog, so if anyone has any ideas I would be
eternally grateful.

Thanks,

Brian