Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 1996 15:39:43 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        patl@Phoenix.Volant.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ? MBR-7 support in -stable

: I've recently upgraded from 2.05 to 2.1R and then -stable (through
: CVS 0063).  One of my reasons for doing so was to obtain support
: for the MBR-7 CD-ROM changer.  I noticed that it was mounting all
: seven logical units during some of the intermediate states of my
: upgrades; but don't seem to be recognized now.

I know patches came through for 2.1R a while ago, but I was given to
believe that they were folded into -stable.  Maybe somebody broken
them in recent versions of stable?

2.0R can be made to support the MBR-7 drive's other six disks
relatively painlessly with minor adaptations of the patches for 2.1R
that were posted to -hackers or -current about four months ago.

Please let us know what you find out.  Or at least please let me know
because I'm keen to move from 2.1R to 2.1R-stable as soon as I can get
a level 0 dump of my current disks.

Warner