Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 16:10:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sockets question...

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, John Polstra wrote:

<code segment deleted for brevity>

> In general, a read() on a socket will return as soon as _any_ data is
> available -- even just 1 byte.
>
> Could this be the problem?

	Ack...that sounds like exactly the problem...I misunderstood
the read() call :(

	Why does 512k work fine though?  no data lose at all....

	I'm going to code in your suggestion above, but I'm very
curious now as to why 512bytes and 80bytes both work cleanly, but
256bytes "loses" data...

	I think I'm just going to *borrow* the readn/writen functions
from the book to avoid making this foolish mistake again :)

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org