Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:39:00 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        "Kevin S. Brackett" <ksb@abyss.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NIS question

> Hi, is it possible to use nis for auth, yet change the shell from client
> to client?

If you're talking of the same user having a differnet shell on each
client, one way I can think of is to set the shell to /bin/localshell
and then symlink /bin/localshell on each client machine to what you
like.  (And you may want to add /bin/localshell to /etc/shells.)

> an example of what i'm trying to do is:
> mail/pop have a /bin/emailonly shell or similar

I don't follow.  You seem to be talking about different users here,
rather than different clients.  Different users can have different
shells anyway.

Rahul.