Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:01:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        wkb@freebie.demon.nl
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Test success for AS2100 and AS1000A

> Hi there,
>
> I have just finished testing the RC1 CDROM install on both AS1000A and
> AS2100. Both appear to work just fine. At least the install/boot does.
>
> Multia & Miata I hope to test tonight. I still lack a small (<= 2Gb)
> memory module for TurboLaser so I cannot test that one at the moment.

I'll hit that on Wednesday.

Basically, for 4.2, you have to <= 2GB for TurboLaser. I have to redo a bunch
of stuff- and we have to begin to insist that for FreeBSD-alpha that drivers
must use busdma (the alpha_dma_XXX value will be going away- or maybe we'll
keep an option). We're just fooling ourselves by keeping it around.

> I suggest the owners of the more un-common alpha models give Matt's RC
> image a try!

Dave's RC1 candidate is a better ISO image to try- it's got X86.