Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:12:25 -0800
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@sigbus.com>
To:        John Hanley <jh@yahoo-inc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Filesystem tuning (minimize seeks)

> Don't use NFS, as NFS v2 clients tend to roughly do fsync() after sending
> each block over the wire, and NFS v3 clients roughly fsync() at file close.
> Send the data over TCP connections to a server that has mounted the
> filesystem using Soft Updates.

John, is there a way to see how a filesystem is mounted after the fact?  For
example, on IRIX you can issue the mount command and it displays all of the
mount options used (vers=3,rw etc..).  I can find no similar tool under
FreeBSD?

-Crh

      Charles Henrich       Manex Visual Effects       henrich@sigbus.com

                       http://www.sigbus.com/~henrich