Date:      Thu, 07 Apr 2005 07:42:06 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sbp failure

On 4/7/2005 6:12 AM Hidetoshi Shimokawa wrote:

>Could you try the following procedure to make sure that the problem
>is related to cycle master?
>
>- put "hw.firewire.sbp.auto_login=0" in /boot/loader.conf
>- reboot
>- make sure the HDD is connected.
>- sysctl hw.firewire.sbp.auto_login=1
>- fwcontrol -r
>
>And see whether it works or not.
>If you have problem, the debug output with
>"sysctl firewire.firewire_debug=1" is appreciated.

Would this possibly help my situation?  I've had this problem since an
upgrade from 4.8 - 4.9.  The big problem for me is that these drives are
part of a concatenated vinum volume.  Since they don't shutdown
correctly, they are not available to vinum on the following restart.
Thus, I can't mount my vinum volumes until I delete and recreate them.
Original post below.

Thanks,

Drew

---
On 3/29/2005 8:22 PM Drew Tomlinson wrote: Can anyone offer any
suggestions as to why I see the following on shutdown:

*** FINAL System shutdown message from root@blacklamb.mykitchentable.net
***
System going down
IMMEDIATELY

Mar 29 13:21:53 blacklamb shutdown: halt by root:

System shutdown time has arrived
Shutting down daemon processes:Stopping webmin.
Waiting for PIDS: 92018.
Stopping saslauthd.
Stopping spamd.
Waiting for PIDS: 91989.
Stopping courier_imap_imapd.
Stopping courier_imap_imapd_ssl.
Stopping courier_authdaemond.
Stopping the File daemon
Stopping the Storage daemon
Stopping the Director daemon

Stopping apache2.
Waiting for PIDS: 91906.
mysqld.
Saving firewall state tables:.
Mboot() called on cpu#0
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `vnlru' to stop...stopped
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `bufdaemon' to stop...stopped
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `syncer' to stop...stopped

syncing disks... 12
done
Uptime: 2h41m7s
sbp0:0:0 request timeout(mgm orb:0x2d63228c) ... reset start
sbp0:0:0 request timeout(cmd orb:0x2d6323c4) ... agent reset
(da2:sbp0:0:0:0): Synchronize cache failed, status == 0xb, scsi status
== 0x0
sbp0:0:1 request timeout(cmd orb:0x2d65376c) ... agent reset
(da3:sbp0:0:0:1): Synchronize cache failed, status == 0xb, scsi status
== 0x0

The operating system has halted.
Please press any key to reboot.

da2 and da3 are IDE devices in a firewire enclosure.  I'm using
4.11-RELEASE #3.  This has been going on since an upgrade from 4.8 to
4.9.  I did not have this problem before.  These drive work fine while
the system is up and running.  Any suggestions appreciated.