Date:      	Mon, 27 Feb 1995 16:41:45 -0800
From:      "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@antares.aero.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Switching to another console VT from X

	I spent an interesting afternoon configuring XFree86 for my unknown
monitor.  Laborious but it came up with few problems.

	Except I'm curious about the integration of X with the console
virtual terminals.  Once I'm in an X windows session there seems to be no
way to switch away from X to another console VT.  X takes over the keyboard
processing and ALT-F? just puts an escape sequence into the X input queue.

	Is there any way to get to an alternate console from the middle of
an X session, or is that asking too much?

Mike O'Brien