Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 1997 19:59:19 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        mrcpu@cdsnet.net (Jaye Mathisen)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A TCP problem, plus solution!  (3.0-current)

#define quoting(Jaye Mathisen)
// I've been having similar issues that where mentioned here yesterday by
// somebody.

Me.  :)

// I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why my 3.0-current
// box has been unable to telnet to my USR TC racks.

I can telnet to my USR NetServer/16 without problem.

Indeed, the problem here is not a permanent one.  It happens just
once in a while.

// I get the connected message, and then nothing.  tcpdump shows similar
// activity to what's been posted.
//
// I traced it to a sysctl I had in /etc/rc.local that bumped the tcp
// recvspace to 65536.
//
// Resetting it to the default clears the problem up.

I'm using recvspace as 65336 too.  I'll try lowering it next the time it
happens.

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br