Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 18:31:29 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        Silvestre Malta <smalta@fleximedia.pt>
Cc:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Device not configured

--2hMgfIw2X+zgXrFs

* Silvestre Malta <smalta@fleximedia.pt> [20010521 17:49]: writing on the s=
ubject 'Device not configured'
Silvestre> bash-2.03# mount -p
Silvestre> /dev/da0s1a     /       ufs rw  1 1
Silvestre> /dev/da2s2e     /data   ufs rw  2 2
Silvestre> /dev/da1s1e     /proxy  ufs rw  2 2
Silvestre> /dev/da1s2e     /tmp    ufs rw  2 2
Silvestre> /dev/da1s3e     /var/log        ufs rw  2 2
Silvestre> procfs  /proc   procfs rw       0 0
Silvestre>=20
Silvestre>=20
Silvestre> bash-2.03# cd /data=20
Silvestre> bash: cd: /data: Device not configured
Silvestre>=20
Silvestre> can any one explain me y can't y go to /data filesystem ???

I surely don't understand what is going on here!! You have 3 disks and
your (1st) system disk (da0) has only root slice on it, no???

Then you have your 2nd disk (da1) having /proxy /tmp and /var/log???

Then 3rd disk (da2) has /data???

How did you install your FreeBSD ( I guess it is FreeBSD)?? Where is your
/usr (_or_ /home for that matter) ??

Are you sure you realy have 3 disks?? Seems true but I am sure confused!!

You mounted /var/log on a slice, howdy??

FreeBSD Gang, please cc me when you give the answer to lemme know what
this scheme is like.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington Wananchi Online Ltd.,
wash@wananchi.com 1st Flr Loita Hse

"I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to
die in."
		-- George McGovern

--2hMgfIw2X+zgXrFs

--2hMgfIw2X+zgXrFs--