Date:      Tue, 02 Jun 2009 17:57:48 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
To:        Gary Zambrano <slimgaryz@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ia64 systems

On Jun 2, 2009, at 10:04 AM, Gary Zambrano wrote:

> Hi ia64 project,
>
> I want to install FreeBSD 7.2 on an ia64 system and am soliciting
> guidance.
>
> What is the ia64 system of choice for FreeBSD ?

HP machines are known to be supported. If you have a Montecito based
machine, you can't use FreeBSD 7.2 yet. The upcoming FreeBSD 8.0 will
support that. June's snapshot will be out soon and you can use those
ISOs. I'll see about putting Montecito support in 7.3.

FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt@mac.com