Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 1996 10:23:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        james@blacksun.reef.com (James Buszard-Welcher)
Cc:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com, cassy@loop.com, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID Controller Product

> Wouldn't there be a delay for clients still trying to reach
> your news server? If they have cached an IP address for
> news.wherever.com, and then you took it out of Round Robin,
> would there still be a finite number of clients trying to
> reach that IP address?  (Assuming they aren't looking to your
> nameserver and you didn't HUP it).
>
> I'm pretty sure that Netscape doesn't (or at least didn't with
> 2.0) query the nameserver each time...

Netscape's loss, not mine.  If they do not honour my TTL, that is
their own freaking problem.

Question:

Would you rather have your service entirely unavailable because
something strange happened and your box panicked and locked up?
Because some malicious soul hacked their way in and decided to
newfs your root filesystem?  Etc.?

I would rather have total redundancy :-)

... JG