Date:      Mon, 09 Aug 1999 22:17:32 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation and master.passwd

Steve Hovey wrote:

> Im running a FBSD 3.2-release system.  Linux emulation 2.6.1 - and daemon
> Im trying to run (An imapd beta from the dmail people) runs, but is
> apparently not getting the master.passwd entry for password on a getpwnam
> lookup (If I manually put the encrypted field in /etc/passwd I get a good
> login, but not otherwise)
>
> Is there some linux emulation trick or other trick to get a linux app to
> grab the correct file (shadowed) value?  I looked in the mail list
> archives and couldnt find anything on it.

The best thing I can come up with now is to copy /etc/passwd with encrypted
passwords to /compat/linux/etc/passwd. Or alternatively copy a modified
/etc/master.passwd to /compat/linux/etc/passwd. This can be done in a cron
job.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/