Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:37:44 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        "Alexandru G. Efrosi" <_ae@registru.md>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pam_radius

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 01:05:54PM +0200, Alexandru G. Efrosi wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> I set accounting trough PAM to a remote RADIUS server with pam_radius.so =
in that way:
> login	account	required	pam_radius.so
> and I receive an error in auth.log
> login: unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_acct_mgmt
>=20
> But, with this error, authentication works fine. Why accounting does't wo=
rk?
> System used: FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #0: Mon Nov 11 15:37:23 EET 2002

The pam_radius module does not implement accounting at all.
This can be seen from the error message itself - the PAM system
complains that it could not find the pam_sm_acct_mgmt symbol (function)
within the pam_radius shared library.  A quick look at
src/lib/libpam/modules/pam_radius/pam_radius.c shows that, indeed, it
only defines 'auth' and 'setcred' request handlers.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
If there were no counterfactuals, this sentence would not have been paradox=
ical.

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--