Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:00:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Thamer Al-Herbish <shadows@whitefang.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sig 11 core dump

> On Sun, 24 Aug 1997, Robert Reid wrote:

> When I attempt to extract the binaries using the extract supplied with them
> I get a sig 11 segmentation fault, core dumped.
> FAQs suggest that this may be caused by hardware problems, typically faulty
> memory - I have swapped all memory but same problem...

Well this *might* help, I suppose its a long shot. Make sure no
wiring/cabling is touching the ram chips. I once had a very lame case that
*caused* the cables to scrape against the ram. I remember problems like these.

If you notice they are touching, and cant quite get them to not touch it,
hold the cables away with your hand and attempt the extracting.

Long shot, but hope it works.

If this is the problem get a better case :)

Thamer Al-Herbish                                      tmh@kuwait.net
UNIX Programmer                         Gulfnet Kuwait Floor 11, Al-Gas Tower.
Network Analyst                         Ahmad Al-Jabar St. Sharq, Kuwait.
[ For PGP key finger shadows@kuwait.net ]