Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 09:27:54 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        dubois@primate.wisc.edu (Paul DuBois)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Re: FBSD Handbook

Paul DuBois writes:

> SysAdmin writes:
>> -->FreeBSD has a dandy book that I just picked up. It's called "The Complete
>> -->FreeBSD". I has the 2.1.5 distribution plus 10 or so chapters on setup
>> -->etc. It also has 600 some-odd pages of essential man pages. I think I paid
>> -->US$50.00 for it the other day.
>> -->
>> -->Josef
>>
>> Could you post the ISBN for us.  I havent' seen this in a bookstore around
>> here...but I will! :)
>
> Here's the info.  It's by Greg Lehey and is the successor to the
> "Installing and Running FreeBSD" (something like that) book he also
> wrote.  And yes, it's worth getting.  The book comes with the 2.1.5 CDs.
>
> QUANTITY  ITEM                                          UNIT COST      COST
> 1         The Complete FreeBSD (book)                      29.950     29.95
>
> VENDOR:  Walnut Creek CDROM
> ADDRESS: 4041 Pike Lane, Ste D-www
>          Concord, CA 94520
> Phone:   800 786 9907
> FAX:     510 674 0821
> E-mail:  orders@cdrom.com

Thanks for the flowers, Paul, but I'm afraid a slight error crept in
there.  The book is available with or without CD-ROMs, though all
books prominently display "Includes 2 CDROMS" :-(  The price you
mention is for the version without CD-ROMs.  With CD-ROMs, I think it
costs $49.95, though Walnut Creek should be able to give you a more
definite answer.

Greg