Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 20:59:56 +0100
From:      Panos GEVROS <P.Gevros@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        Doug Junkins <junkins@foghead.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO waveLan driver and 2.2.6

Doug Junkins writes:

 |	ftp:// monarch.cs.cmu.edu/pub/monarch/drivers.
 |
 |I have used these with 2.2.5 and PAO.  They are supposed to support
 |roaming but I ran into a problem with the nwid getting corrupted when
 |roaming was enabled.  The most recent release is from 971217 so I'm not
 |sure if they'll work with the 2.2.6 release of PAO.

Doug,

-Thanks, mine is the Lucent one, i tried the monarch drivers with
2.2.6/PAO-980430 sometime ago and it refused to compile, (they say its for
2.2.2/PAO-970616 so i wasnt suprised) i havent pursued it much further and
turned to the driver that comes with PAO-980430 (at the -potential- expense of
roaming) but still..

i use wlconfig for nwid as well as setting/checking it in dos.
(I think if the nwid is wrong then the diagnostic utility won't discover the
WavePoint)

Cheers,
Panos