Date:      Tue, 04 Dec 2007 11:19:45 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        GP <godpost@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP needed by experienced porter for simple review

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 06:36:20 -0600, GP <godpost@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

in  =

 =

>> you put Makefile and others in /usr/ports/distfiles/? You should crea=
te  =

 =

 =

  =

> it! or am I missing something?
> Maybe I don't understand the files dir!!? could it mean that the start=
up  =

> script can not come from the tarball? (I've done some work for includi=
ng  =

> FreeBSD stuff into the original package. So that would be a capitulati=
on  =

> to Linux then wouldnt it?: all is writen for Linux and then adapted fo=
r  =

> FreeBSD :o)

Send me tarball of your update kissdx port and I will taking a peek.

Cheers,
Mezz

>> You should follow this below:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/rc-=
scripts.html
>> You put your 'kissdx.in' in kissdx/files/ and it will doing every thi=
ng  =

 =

 =

> small increments :O)
>
> Thanks and BR
>
> /Simon

-- =

mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/  -  gnome@FreeBSD.org
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia@FreeBSD.org