Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:41:38 +0100 (CET)
From:      Jens Fallesen <jens@fallesen.dk>
To:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Stanley Hopcroft <Stanley.Hopcroft@ipaustralia.gov.au>
Subject:   Re: Anyone had any problems with BIND-9 forwarding queries through PIX devices ?

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 Mark.Andrews@isc.org wrote:

> 	It's a issue with any server that supports EDNS (BIND 8 and
> 	BIND 9 both support EDNS).   CISCO have been aware of this
> 	for a long time.  I've heard a rumour that CISCO have
> 	actually fixed this.  I suggest that you contact the CISCO
> 	TAC.   At least you will then be informed when they have a
> 	fix, if not be told what the fix is.

This appears to match Cisco bug ID CSCdv83025. It does not have a status
of "resolved" but is listed as fixed in PIX software versions 6.0(4),
6.1(4), and 6.2(1). If your PIX is covered by a service agreement with
software upgrades, you can just upgrade, otherwise Cisco TAC will be able
to help you.

If, for some reason, you cannot use one of these versions, a workaround is
to explicitly permit outbound DNS traffic with source port 53.

--
Jens Fallesen  <jens@fallesen.dk>
AVIC Internet Services