Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:37:08 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Eugene L. Vorokov" <vel@bugz.infotecs.ru>
To:        Soren Kristensen <soren@soekris.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ARP cache problems....

> Things seem to work fine now, but I still get a lot of those:
>
> "Jul 26 00:43:48 test256m /kernel: arp: 192.168.1.4 is on sis0 but got
> reply from 00:a0:cc:a0:d4:07 on sis1"
>
> Anybody know how to turn them off ?

Yes, I have this problem too. We use several interfaces with totally
different addresses connected to the same hub for testing purposes,
on a testing stand. It's more cheap than bulding truly different
networks. I think it isn't possible to just turn those log messages
off without kernel hacking, which is sad. Probably some sysctl var
would be good ...

Currently, the solution is to take /sys/netinet/if_ether.c, find this:

#ifndef BRIDGE /* the following is not an error when doing bridging */
                if (rt->rt_ifp != &ac->ac_if) {
                        log(LOG_ERR, "arp: %s is on %s%d but got reply from %6D on %s%d\n",
                            inet_ntoa(isaddr),
                            rt->rt_ifp->if_name, rt->rt_ifp->if_unit,
                            ea->arp_sha, ":",
                            ac->ac_if.if_name, ac->ac_if.if_unit);
                        goto reply;
                }