Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:56:03 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@citeweb.net>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        dwcjr@FreeBSD.org, Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org, will@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/30497: ftp.freesoftware.com no longer exists

David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:
> Om Monday, October 15, 2001 10:49 PM, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 03:35:59 +0200 (CEST), Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
[snip]
> > > yes, the fix you apply was just to remove any occurences of
> > > freesoftware.com while the one I supply fix number of ports
> > > in one way or another.
>
> One reason yours was most likely not committed, is because its not simply a
> site change, its updating ports which requires maintainer approval.  You

see my answer to Maxim.

> also added id tags to pkg-plist files which I believe portmgr@ has not
> thought highly of so far.  I understand your frustration, but the minimum is
> the easiest to do when you are overworked and volunteer.  Wouldn't you
> rather the minimum than nothing at all?

what I object isn't that you didn't commit the PR, but that it was
close w/o any notifications.

also talking about the job done could make me things diffently.
(not really sure the sentence is understandable? ;^)

Cyrille.
--
Cyrille Lefevre                 mailto:clefevre@citeweb.net