Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 1998 11:37:59 -0700
From:      Dave Smith <dsmith@n2.net>
To:        "Vadim V. Chepkov" <vvc@kharkiv.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UUCP and rnews

On Mon, Jun 08, 1998 at 02:43:01PM +0300, Vadim V. Chepkov wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone already solved this problem, and if so how?
> >
> Hi!
>
> I made
>
> chmod g+s /usr/libexec/uucp/uuxqt
>
> and all works fine.
>
> --
>
> Kind regards,
> Vadim V. Chepkov
> Kharkiv Online ISP

I don't quite understand how this could fix the problem.  If the
group on the uuxqt file is uucp, then this would make the program a
member of the "uucp" group.  I am willing to try it, but I am skeptical
about whether this can solve this problem.

The problem as I see it is that the rnews program is running as a
separate process as user "news" and group "news" which does not
have permission to read the file.

What user, group, and permissions are on the uuxqt file?

What user, group, and permissions are on the rnews file?

What are the entries in the group file for uucp and news?

Thanks,
Dave