Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 1995 08:45:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      kline@tao.thought.org (Gary D. Kline)
To:        questions@freebsd.org (freebsd)
Subject:   background question

	With all the discussion about motherboards and CPU clock
	rate in recent days, I thought I'd toss out this question
	regarding my 4-year-old 386/387-40MHz  SVR4 system.

	Soon (days to weeks), I'll replace my present 386 box
	with my new FreeBSD system.  ....Then, in time, I figure
	I'll upgrade the old ISA box to a PCI or whatever.

	I've got 16MB of 80ns 4Meg SIMM's aboard the old system, and
	I'd like to re-use them when I upgrade.  My question is:
	what's the fastest CPU that will run with the 80ns 4-Meggers?

--
  Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public access uNix