Date:      Fri, 5 Feb 2010 15:19:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        George Mamalakis <mamalos@eng.auth.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Kerberized NFSv3 incorrect behavior (revisited)

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, George Mamalakis wrote:

> shows no tickets. This could be also a security threat, in case different
> kerberos principals (users in this setup) use a shared machine account to
> logon, and then access their resources by kiniting to their respective
> principals.

The kernel only knows the effective uid and the current gssd assumes
that there will be "one" user principal with a TGT in /tmp/krb5cc_N
(where 'N' is that uid#). Having multiple principals sharing the
same login/uid (which I'm guessing is what you refer to as a
"shared machine account", isn't going to work.

I suppose that the gssd could do a "uid"->"username"->"principal name"
mapping and then use that "principal name", but it is still going to
be unique (ie only one) per uid.

rick