Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 1997 18:35:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <jmcla@ocala.cs.miami.edu>
To:        Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Configuring the CAP package?

Brandon, I have successfully installed and used both CAP and netatalk.
The NETATALK kernel option is solely for netatalk, so if you are going
to use CAP, don't bother enabling it.  You do need to compile in some
Berkeley Packet Filters to your kernel in order to use CAP.  Add aline
similar to ther following to your kernel config file

pseudo-device bpfilter 16

After you reboot with the new kernel, you need to go into the /dev
directory, and do a MAKEDEV for bpf0-bpf15.  The best way to configure
CAP, is to copy their example start-cap file to
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/cap.sh.  Simply change the line that starts aarpd to
include your ethernet card, and zone...for instance, the following line
will enable CAP bound to a DEC20x board (le0) in the default zone *:

.../aarpd "le0" "*"

The next part of configuring CAP can me aquired by doing a man 8 AUFS.
This will show you how to set CAP up on both the UNIX and Mac sides.  I
hope this helps.

-Joe Clarke