Date:      Wed, 8 Aug 2001 00:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/29509: installation finishes w/o errors but installed system won't boot.

The following reply was made to PR i386/29509; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To: alexander <sohn@arles-electrique.de>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:16:49 +0300

 On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 09:41:55AM -0700, alexander wrote:

 > >Number:         29509
 > >Category:       i386
 > >Synopsis:       installation finishes w/o errors but installed system won't boot.
 > >Originator:     alexander
 > >Release:        4.3
 > stage 0 of the boot loader displays something like the usual
 > F1: freebsd
 > but seems to be unable to get to stage 1.
 >
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > dunno. maybe my hd is screwed (though linux ran w/o problems before)
 >
 > >Fix:
 > none. maybe install a different boot-mgr?

 This might seem like a stupid question, but during the installation,
 when you configured slices/partitions, did you set the 'active' flag
 on the FreeBSD slice?

 G'luck,
 Peter

 --
 No language can express every thought unambiguously, least of all this one.