Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 23:23:36 +0300
From:      "DS" <david@digiworldnet.com>
To:        "storm" <storm@entopia.com.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Logging Chat rooms, nohup doesn't work?

Leave it to an Aussi!

With the /set log on option and a few other command in the .ircrc file
screen will do it

I used:

%nohup screen irc -c #roomname nickname servername.net

then ctrl-a and c
% screen -d
detached
% logout

Actually I suppose screen -D takes care of the logout and nohup is probably
not needed.

Thanks for your help,
David