Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:22:41 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/src/UPDATING

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 01:00:20PM -0500, JoeB wrote:
> Thanks this is what I was looking for, But after viewing
> the URL you posted I see info for all the releases of FBSD.
> I thought the /usr/src/UPDATING file that was on the
> install CD for FBSD 4.7 only contained the detail info
> on the updates to create FBSD 4.7 since the FBSD 4.6 release
> was frozen?

The UPDATING file dates back to before 4.0-RELEASE, and contains notes
of various modifications to the source that may cause problems to
people updating their systems, as well as various other notes useful
in that situation.

Did you perhaps mean the release notes:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.7R/relnotes-i386.html which list the
changes made to the system since the previous release?

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way