Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 1999 09:26:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   making release on 2.2.8-stable tree

Hi there,

Maybe I'm missing something but: I keep a cvssupped 2.2.8-stable tree
around of which I want to create a couple of CDs. make buildworld ran just
fine, but make release in src/release does not:

for i in /sbin/mount /sbin/umount /usr/bin/cpio ; do  cp -p /usr/release$i
/usr/release//bootstrap ;  done
cd /usr/release/usr && rm -rf src &&  cvs -R -d /usr/src/CVS co -P src
cvs [checkout aborted]: /usr/src/CVS/CVSROOT: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

I pointed make to src/CVS:

time make release CHROOTDIR=/usr/release BUILDNAME=2.2.8-stable-6-mar-99
CVSROOT=/usr/src/CVS 2>&1 | tee ../LOG

because it refused to run otherwise. Given the references to CVSROOT in the
makefile this sounds logical.

But: from the error above I it seems you need a full CVS repository (which
I obviously don't have). Is this really true??

Wilko